….Abalone porridge is known as the “King of porridge” in Korea. Not only it is creamy, savory, delicious, hearty, and satisfying, but they live on the rocks on the bottom of the ocean. Abalones are incredibly lean and have almost no fat. It’s hard to beat abalone porridge for taste, nutrition, and making you feel warm and satisfied. Today, I made the most special abalone porridge for my grandson SIWOO!! He will turn 20 months in a week. Siwoo, grandma and grandpa’s irreplaceable grandson. My lovely Siwoo.
Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hour soaking rice with cold water
- 6 abalones, clean with light brush
- 6 cup anchovy broth
- 1 cup white rice, soaked with cold water for 1 hour and drain water
- 1 cup sweet rice, soaked with cold water for 1 hour and drain water
- 1 ts sea salt
- 2 Ts sesame oil
- 2/3 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- Scrub the tops and sides of the abalone with a clean kitchen brush.
2. If they are still in the shells, gently and firmly pry the shells out with a spoon. Remove the intestines and teeth too(I don’t use the intestines). Clean them under running water.
3. Sliced the abalones, zucchini, and onion into a tray.
4. Heat a pot with medium heat and add the sesame oil into the pot.
5. Add the abalone into the pot to stir them for 2 minutes.
6. Add the zucchini and onion into the pot to stir them 1–2 minutes.
7. Add the white rice and sweet rice into the pot to stir them 2 minutes.
8. Pour 2 cup anchovy broth into the pot to stir well so that it doesn’t stick on the bottom of the pot(divide the anchovy broth into three).
9. Add 2 cup anchovy broth into the pot to keep stirring them.
10. Add 2 cup anchovy broth and sea salt into the pot to stir them until the moisture is gone.
11. Serve it.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.