….Reminds me of the cauliflower flavor I ate at a restaurant with my husband a while ago. I remembered the clean taste with the tomato sauce. Also olives and capers were put on top, so it had a different salty taste. Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable, and you can absolutely customize it with your own favorites like me. The best part about whole baked cauliflower is that it had high fiber and is healthy. I didn’t know the exact recipe, so I made it my own way. Place the cauliflower into baking dish with tomato sauce and put some olives and capers on top of the cauliflower. And then cover completely with aluminum foil. Bake covered for 30 minutes and remove the foil to bake for another 15 minutes. Keep a careful eye so it doesn’t burn. The cauliflower should be tender when poked with a fork and have that wonderful color when done. It wasn’t the same taste, but I could get a luxurious taste and a new recipe. My husband said “Thank you for giving me a luxurious lunch and so delicious!” ….hahaha.
Time: 1 hour
- 1 whole head of cauliflower, cut the base of the stem and into half
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 6 green olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4–5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle some sea salt and black pepper onto the cauliflower.
2. Pour the tomato purée onto the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Place the cauliflower onto the tomato purée and drizzle the lemon juice onto the cauliflower.
4. Put the olives and capers on top of the cauliflower and drizzle the olive oil onto the cauliflower. Scatter the garlic into the baking dish.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cover completely with aluminum foil.
6. Cook in a preheated oven about 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and then cook for another 15 minutes.
8. After 15 minutes, turn off the oven heat and remove the baking dish onto a counter.
9. Serve the baked cauliflower immediately as a side dish or even as the main dish for lunch.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.