Baked Spaghetti Squash
….I ordered some vegetables from farmers and they sent me fresh vegetables recently. A couple days ago, I just happened to have a spaghetti squash in my counter from what they sent me as a gift. It’s an ingredient I’m using for the first time. I started researching what to make with this spaghetti squash. There are many recipes that are easy to make, so I chose the simplest one. I wondered what it would taste like in the fun process. First of all, the hard outer shell was too difficult to cut with a knife. You have to be very careful when you cut it. To prepare spaghetti squash, cut it in half and scoop out the pulp and seeds before cooking it. The unique thing about spaghetti squash is the way its flesh can be shredded into long, noodle-like strands. Spaghetti squash might not overpower you in the flavor department, but the neutral flavor makes it a great candidate for pairing with various sauce, especially tomato-based sauce, but also cream sauce, as well as simple sauce of butter or olive oil with some cheese like me. This recipe is from NYT Cooking.
Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1/2 spaghetti squash, cleaned, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup mozzarellas
- Cut the spaghetti squash into half lengthwise(the hard outer shell was too difficult to cut with a knife, very careful)and scoop out the pulp and seeds.
2. Sprinkle 1 tbsp olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper onto the spaghetti squash.
3. Preheat the oven 450 F. Place the squash onto a baking tray cut-sides down.
4. Cook in a preheated oven about 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, put the parmesan, panko, thyme, garlic, sea salt, black pepper, and 1 tbsp olive oil into a bowl to mix well. Set aside.
6. After 35–40 minutes, check with a folk if it is cooked.
7. Remove the baking tray onto a counter.
8. Flip the squash and use a folk to scrape the squash into spaghetti strands. Stir in half the mozzarella and then sprinkle the squash with the remaining mozzarella.
9. Add the panko mixture on top of the squash.
10. Cook in a preheated oven until the top is golden brown and mozzarella has melted about 20–25 minutes.
11. After 20 minutes, turn off the oven heat and remove the baking tray onto a counter.
12. Serve it.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.