Basil Pesto Sandwich
….Fresh basil pesto recipe is easy to make with pine nuts(or walnuts), garlic, Parmesan cheese, and a generous drizzle of quality extra virgin olive oil. Make it ahead and refrigerate or freeze for later use. My friend made it from scratch for me…hahaha. Thank you so much! I made a sandwich with the basil pesto for JOHN and my lunch on Saturday. Easily solved one meal. I baked a baguette and add basil pesto, fresh mozzarella, dried tomato, and prosciutto. JOHN and I enjoyed our mouth-watering meal.
- 1 baguette(or half baked baguette or ciabatta)
- basil pasto to taste
- 1 pack fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 5–6 dried tomatoes
- 4 pieces of prosciutto
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Cook in a preheated oven for 8–10 minutes until golden brown(I chose a half baked baguette).
2. Take out the baguette from the oven and set aside few minutes.
3. Slice the baguette in the middle.
4. Spread the basil pesto onto both sides of the baguette.
5. Put the sliced fresh mozzarella on the top of one side.
6. Put the dried tomato on top of the mozzarella.
7. Put the prosciutto on top of the dried tomato.
8. Place the top half of the baguette. Cut into half and serve it.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.