Beef and Vegetables Stir-fried Served Over Rice
….This dish is a very easy recipe, where you don’t even need any special ingredients. You can make it with pretty much anything you have in the fridge, not just what I use here. The key to this dish is the sauce, and in my recipe. I use just a little bit of potato starch to make it just a little sticky, so when you put it over top of the rice with vegetables and beef it will be shiny and juicy looking. So good!
Time: 40 minutes plus 1 hour for marinading beef
- 1.5 lb beef tri tip, cut into one bite size(or 1 lb)
- 3.5 Ts soy sauce
- 1.5 Ts sugar
- 1 Ts garlic, minced
- 1 Ts Mirin
- 1 Ts plum extract
- 1.5 Ts sesame oil
- 1.5 Ts toasted sesame seeds
- black pepper to taste
- 3 Ts chili oil
- 2 Ts avocado oil
- 2 Ts water starch(potato starch : water=2 Ts : 2 Ts)
- 1 eggplant, cut into one bite size
- 1 zucchini, cut into one bite size
- 1.5 cup sweet baby cauliflower, cut into one bite size
- 1 cup onion, cut into one bite size
- 1/2 red paprika, sliced
- 1/2 yellow paprika, sliced
- 3 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/3 cup green onion, minced
- 4 Ts chili garlic sauce
- 3 Ts oyster sauce
- sea salt to taste
- 4 cup steamed rice
- Marinate the beef, mix the soy sauce, sugar, garlic, Mirin, plum extract, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, and black pepper into a bowl well. Pour the mixed sauce into the meat bowl.
2. Store the marinaded meat in a refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Heat a skillet with medium high heat and add the chili oil into the skillet.
4. Put all vegetables into the skillet to stir fry them quickly for 1-2 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and take out the vegetables into a tray.
6. Heat the same skillet with medium high heat and add the avocado oil, sliced garlic, and green onion into the skillet to stir fry them for 30 seconds.
7. Add the marinaded meat into the skillet to stir fry them until light brown.
8. Add the cooked vegetables, chili garlic sauce, and oyster sauce into the skillet to stir fry them for 30 seconds. Add some sea salt if it’s too bland.
9. Sprinkle the water starch and sesame seeds into the skillet to stir fry for 20 seconds.
10. Serve over rice.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.