Beef Teriyaki Sauce Served Over Rice
If you love quick, easy, and delicious family dinner recipes for your busy weeknights, then look no further! This teriyaki beef rice bowl is made up of tender juicy beef, homemade teriyaki sauce, and fresh onion. It’s easy to make and will be ready in less than 30 minutes. I make homemade teriyaki beef bowl in our home often. Homemade teriyaki beef is a very simple stir-fry recipe that will be perfect to add to my dinner rotation. My favorite part about this teriyaki beef bowl is the homemade teriyaki sauce. It includes simple ingredients such as soy sauce, Mirin, sake, sugar, and ginger. If you like spice to your teriyaki sauce, feel free to add some crushed red pepper flakes. Once you make this homemade teriyaki sauce, you will never buy store bought again. It’s that good! It’s so versatile and tastes great on a variety of different proteins. I actually prefer using only onion and stir frying it lightly, so you don’t need any other vegetables. It’s a great combination for a perfect meal.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb beef ribeye, sliced thinly and cut into one bite size
- 1 onion, sliced thickly
- 2–3 egg yolks
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 cups steamed rice
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 5 tbsp(or 6 tbsp)teriyaki sauce
- paprika powder to taste
- black sesame seeds to taste
For Teriyaki sauce:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup Mirin
- 1/3 cup sake
- 8 tbsp muscovado(or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup ginger(40 g), sliced
- Make a teriyaki sauce: Heat a sauce pot with low heat and put the Mirin and sake into a sauce pot without a lid to flambé for 2–3 minutes(the process of blowing off alcohol).
2. Add the muscovado, soy sauce, and ginger into the sauce pot to simmer it about 25–30 minutes with a lid(half open).
3. Turn off the heat and take out the ginger with a strainer(It makes about a cup). Set aside and keep in the refrigerator up to 6 months.
4. Heat a pan with medium high heat and add 1 tbsp avocado oil into the pan. Add the onion into the pan to stir fry for 2 minutes. Sprinkle some sea salt into the onion and set aside.
5. Heat the same pan with medium high heat and stir fry the beef until cooked lightly.
6. Sprinkle the teriyaki sauce into the pan to stir fry them until the moisture is gone.
7. Put some steamed rice and cooked onion onto a serving bowl.
8. Put the cooked beef onto top of the onion.
9. Put the egg yolk on top of the teriyaki beef.
10. Sprinkle some paprika powder, black sesame, and green onion onto the teriyaki bowl.
11. Serve it immediately.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.