Boild Beef Slice Salad (Suyuk-Salad)
….It is easy to make this dish. Suyuk refers to meat that has been boiled for a long time with some vegetables in water. It’s super tender, delicious and pairs perfectly with the crunchy texture of fresh vegetables. I chose a round steak. There is a lot of collagen in the meat and little fat. I guess that is the why it tastes light. This can be used as an appetizer.
Serving: 4 -6
Time: 1 hr 30 min
- 1.5- 2 lb beef shank
- 8 cup water
- 3 green onion stems
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion
- small ginger
- kelp 10*10
- 2 dry red pepper
- 1 ts black pepper corn
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced into circles
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into circles
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced into circles
- 3 Ts soy sauce
- 3 Ts white balsamic vinegar
- 3 Ts sugar
- 2 Ts water
- 1 Ts oyster sauce
- 2 Ts crushed garlic
- 2 Ts Kozlik’s Triple Crunch mustard (see below)
- Rinse the beef shank under cold running water, then soak in a bowl of cold water about 3 hours to remove any blood.
- Tie the beef shank with a string.
3. Bring the 8 cup water to boil in a pot over high heat, drain the beef shank and add to the pot, also add the onion, the green onion, small ginger, kelp 10*10, 2 dry red pepper, 1 ts black pepper corn and the garlic about 30 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium and cook, cover with a lid, for 40 minutes.
4. Mix the sauce ingredients, keep them in a refrigerator.
5. Take out the beef shank, cool down few minutes. Thinly slice the beef shank. (use the broth for other foods, I use it for cold noodles)
6. Put the sliced beef, the sliced red onion, the red bell pepper and the green bell pepper on a plate. Serve it with the sauce.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.