Bok Choy Salad with Soy Sauce and Garlic Chips
….This recipe is very simple and quick. Bok choy is best suited for both raw and cooked dishes via steaming, boiling, grilling, braising, and sautéing. The leaves and stems can also be stir-fried or sautéed with other vegetables and meats to create a balanced main dish, and in Asian countries, the cooked greens are finished with sauces composed of oyster, soy, or hoisin sauce, sugar, garlic, and sesame oil like this recipe. Please give it a try. It makes you happy when you take a bite. The texture is so good and it tastes very familiar, but it’s more delicious than you think. Bok choy tastes similar to cabbage. It has a mild, fresh, and grassy flavor with a slight peppery kick. The stalks have a celery-like crunch, while the leaves are soft and crisp. It is always a side dish that cannot be refused.
Time: 30 minutes
- 15 baby bok choy, cleaned
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 2 stems green onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp muscovado
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Heat a sauce pan with medium high heat and put the water, muscovado, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil into the sauce pan to simmer it for 3 minutes.
2. After 3 minutes, turn off the heat and set aside to cool down.
3. Heat a pot with medium high heat and add the water, sea salt, green onion, garlic, and avocado oil into the pot to boil them 1–2 minutes.
4. After 1–2 minutes, blanch the bok choy into the pot for 1 minute.
5. Turn off the heat and place the blanched baby bok choy onto a tray. Set aside to cool down.
6. Place the baby bok choy into a serving plate and drizzle the dressing onto the top. Put some garlic chips(this is optional)on top of the bok choy salad and serve it.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.