…..Braised Burdock is a vegetable side dish, also a common ingredient in home-cooked meals as well as a popular side dish eaten with rice. Did you make the mat-gan-jang? It’s very fast to make this dish with the mat-gan-jang. Whenever I make this dish, I want to make Kimbap(Korean Rolls).
Time: 30 minutes
- 6 cup burdock root, sliced, soak with cold water
2. 2 Ts avocado oil
3. 2.5 Ts sugar
4. 2 Ts mirin
5. 5 Ts Mat-Gan-Jang
6. 2 Ts rice syrup
7. 1 Ts sesame oil
8. 1 ts sesame seeds
9. 6 Ts water
- Drain the burdock root.
2. Put the avocado oil into a pan with medium heat, add the burdock root and stir fry, add the sugar, mirin, keep stirring until moisture comes out.
3. Add 2 Ts mat-gan-jang, then heat low, keep stirring until the moisture disappears, add 3 Ts mat-gan-jang more, keep stirring until the moisture disappears again, add again 6 Ts water, keep stirring until the moisture disappears.
4. Put the rice syrup and sesame oil into the pan.
5. Turn off the heat and sprinkle the sesame seeds.
6. Serve it.
You can also view this recipe on Instagram.