….Yesterday, Steve’s mother sent a box of persimmons harvested from the backyard. I’m deeply grateful for her yearly generosity. Steve, you worked hard picking these persimmons! Thank you!!! They’re sweet and crispy. I love persimmons, but there are quite a few people who don’t prefer them. Today, I created a wonderful and new cheese dish by thinly slicing the persimmons and pairing them with burrata cheese. It reminds me of the simplest yet most delicious dish my family and I had at the Madera restaurant in the Rosewood hotel not long ago. I used only the soft cheese from the inside after removing the outer layer of the burrata cheese. Since burrata cheese varies in creaminess depending on the brand, choosing one according to personal preference would be ideal. Adding a touch of lemon olive oil elevates the flavor to perfection. I highly recommend making this as an appetizer for your year-end parties.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Burrata cheese, removed the skin from the Burrata cheese
- 1 persimmon, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1–2 tsp pistachio, toasted and finely chopped
- balsamic cream
- Agrumato Olive Lemon Oil
- Peel the persimmon and use a mandoline slicer to create thin slices.
2. Peel away the skin from the burrata cheese.
3. Arrange the sliced persimmon on a serving plate.
4. Place a spoonful of burrata cheese on top of persimmon slice.
5. Sprinkle chopped pistachios over the burrata cheese.
6. Layer the sliced persimmon on top of the burrata cheese and place a half spoonful of burrata cheese on top of the persimmon slice.
7. Place the sliced persimmon on top of the burrata cheese.
8. Sprinkle chopped pistachios, balsamic cream, and lemon olive oil on top of the burrata dish.
9. Serve it.
You can also view this recipe on Instagram.