….Reminds me of a chef saying that cooking is fun when I have a sharp knife. I sharpened my knife yesterday, so it was really fun while I was slicing the salad ingredients. Enjoying the cooking process is always a pleasure, but sometimes I get a little depressed by unexpected results. I make a chicken salad and add a special sesame sauce today. I took out a lot of ingredients onto a counter for my own sesame sauce. I repeated adding and subtracting ingredients, and it was very difficult to find the taste I wanted. I used too many ingredients in it. While thinking about it, I found our taste that was not sweet. I finally made a slightly spicy dressing with sesame sauce for myself along with boiled chicken. A little bit of spiciness reduces the sweetness. It totally satisfied my craving and my husband and I ended up eating most of it. Maybe it will be a dressing just for my husband and me!!! I learned how difficult it is to make everyone’s favorite recipe.
Time: 40 minutes plus 30 minutes for boiled chicken
- 2 chicken breast, cut into half lengthwise
- 2 green onion, cut into 2 inches
- 10–15 black pepper corns
- 1/2 ts sea salt
- 3 cup water
- 2 cup cabbage, sliced thinly and soaked with cold water for 10 minutes
- 2 cup red cabbage, sliced thinly and soaked with cold water for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thinly and soaked with cold water for 10 minutes
- 1 stem celery, peeled, sliced thinly and soaked with cold water for 10 minutes
- 1/2 carrot, sliced thinly and soaked with cold water for 10 minutes
For sesame sauce:
- 2 Ts toasted sesame seeds
- 1 ts miso
- 1 ts garlic
- 1 dried red pepper
- 1 ts ginger juice
- 2 cm green onion
- 1 Ts fresh lemon juice
- 2 ts vinegar
- 2 ts balsamic vinegar
- 3 Ts olive oil
- 1 ts Mirin
- 2 ts soy sauce
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Heat a pot with medium high heat and add the water, chicken, black pepper corns, green onion, and sea salt into the pot to boil them for 5 minutes with a lid.
2. After boiling for 5 minutes and turn off the heat. Leave them for 30 minutes with the lid.
3. After 30 minutes, take out the chicken onto a tray and cool down.
4. Tear the boiled chicken thinly into a tray.
5. Sift the vegetables with a strainer separately and keep them in a refrigerator.
6. Mix the sesame sauce ingredients into a jar and blend them well with a blender. Keep it in a refrigerator.
7. Place the vegetables and chicken onto a serving plate with the sauce. Serve it.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.