….When I went to the market, my husband asked me to get cream pasta. While browsing the various types of pasta noodles, I was drawn to the red tomato pasta noodles. I had never seen them before. Excited about trying something new, I returned home hoping my husband would be interested in them too. He’s always keen on trying new food. This creamy garlic pasta is the easiest dish to make. It’s packed with succulent prawns and can be done in just 30 minutes, making it perfect for a lazy weeknight dinner. Today, I used tomato noodles to give it a refreshing twist, but any pasta noodle would do. To make the creamy sauce, I used white wine, chicken broth, garlic, heavy cream, and grated parmesan. My husband loved the sauce, and the bright red color of the tomato noodles made the evening even more interesting. The flavors are rich, and I guarantee you will receive some compliments on it. We gobbled it up!
Time: 30 minutes
- 250 g tomato pasta noodles(tagliolini)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, separated
- 300 g peeled prawns
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup(65 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup(250 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup(125 ml) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- black pepper to taste
- parmesan for serving
- 1000 ml water
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- Heat a pan with medium high heat and add 1 tbsp butter into the pan to melt.
2. Add the prawns into the pan to cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side until just cooked through. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat the same pan with medium heat and add 1 tbsp butter to melt.
4. Add the garlic into the pan to stir them for 20 seconds.
5. Add the white wine into the pan and simmer for 2 minutes until wine mostly reduced.
6. Add the cream, chicken broth, and parmesan into the pan to stir them until them the parmesan is melted. Leave to simmer for 1-2 minutes until it thickens slightly.
7. Add the cooked prawn into the pan to stir them for 1–2 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, heat a pot with medium high heat and add 1000 ml water and 1/2 tbsp sea salt into the pot to boil them.
9. After boiling the water, add the tomato pasta noodles into the pot to boil for 1–2 minutes.
10. Add the pasta noodles and 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water into the cream sauce pan.
11. Toss pasta(still on stove) and sauce will thicken in about 30- 45 seconds and start clinging to the pasta. Sprinkle with most of the parsley and black pepper into the pan. Toss again until the sauce consistency is to your taste(add a tiny splash of pasta water if it gets too gluggy).
12. Serve it immediately(garnished with remaining parsley and parmesan if desired).
You can also view this recipe on instagram.