Dried Pollack Gochujang Jangajji
….Do you know dried pollack gochujang jangajji? Have you ever tried this dish? I never tried this dish before. Dried pollack is a great ingredient, but it isn’t easy for me to cook it deliciously. I found a different way — jangajji with gochujang. It is a side dish made by fermenting. It is clear that it is a familiar food to those of us who eat steamed rice as a staple food. Making jangajji with dried pollack changed from the taste of the crispiness to moist and savory. There is no one who has never eaten it, and no one has only eaten it once. I don’t have a special recipe for this dish, so I made my own. I added flavor with my Mat-Gan-Jang and chose minimal ingredients. Also I waited for fermenting this dish about 10 days….WOW!! It’s finger-licking good. It’s a “meal thief”, a dish so delicious that the bowl of rice is gone in no time. It’s the best side dish!! Suddenly, my husband asked me “I want to give this side dish to someone! Can you make it more for them?”…. Oh!!….I’ll try to make it even more delicious tomorrow…
Time: 20 minutes plus 10 days for fermenting
- 200 g dried pollack, cut into small size
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1 cup Mat-Gan-Jang
- 1/2 cup gochujang
- 1/2 cup chili pepper
- 1 cup Mirin
- 1 1/4 cup rice syrup
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, minced
- Sift the dried pollack with a strainer(remove broken pieces).
2. Put the dried pollack into a tray and sprinkle the sake onto the pollack(helps in sterilization for dried pollack). Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, put the Mat-Gan-Jang, gochujang, chili pepper, Mirin, rice syrup, garlic, and ginger into a pan. Heat the pan with medium low heat and simmer them for 3 minutes.
4. After 3 minutes, turn off the heat and add the dried pollack into the sauce to mix well with spoons.
5. Set aside to cool down.
6. After cooling down, put it into a container and eat it after storing in the refrigerator for 10 days.
7. After 10 days, take out some pollack jangajji into a bowl and sprinkle some sesame seeds and sesame oil into a bowl to mix well lightly.
8. Serve it with steamed rice.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.