Fig with Fried Meat Salad
…. I bought 3 kinds of figs yesterday from Whole Foods Market. The first harvest of the season arrives mid-summer and starts arriving in markets shortly thereafter. I bought black fig, brown fig, and white green fig because I wanted to compare the taste with them. But everything was sweet and fresh. Seasonal fruits are always the best. Any kind of salad dish doesn’t need any specific recipe. I add some orange, grilled mushrooms, and fried pork meat with this dish. Also I used a unique soy sauce. Fresh seasonal fruits and deep-fried meats make a great combination. My husband ate it all at once, and he asked me several times to make it for LACEY, ANNE, and DJ. ……Do not worry…. I think this dish will be served on my table often in summer. This recipe is from @booth108kwon.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 lb pork loin, sliced thinly
- 2 orange, peeled
- 3–4 figs, cut into small size
- 2 king oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 6 white creamy mushrooms, cut into small size
- 1/3 cup alba mushrooms
- 3 Ts potato starch
- 2 Ts avocado oil
- canola oil to fry
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 garlic cube, ground
- 2 Ts Mat-Gan-Jang
- 2 Ts fresh lemon juice
- 1 ts vinegar
- 1 Ts honey
- 3 Ts Orobailen olive oil
- 1 Ts toasted sesame seeds
- black pepper to taste
- Mix the dressing ingredients well evenly.
2. Peel the oranges.
3. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and black pepper onto the mushrooms.
4. Heat a pan with medium heat and add the avocado oil into the pan.
5. Grill the mushrooms onto the pan until golden brown. Set aside.
6. Place the pork meat onto a tray and sprinkle salt and pepper into the pork meat.
7. Coat the pork meat with potato starch well.
8. Heat a pan with medium high heat and add the canola oil into the pan. Heat the oil to 375 degrees(when you put wooden chopstick in the oil, there should be bubbles around the chopstick). Place several layers of paper towels on a sheet pan. Put the pork meat into the pan to fry them until light brown.
8. Remove from oil using long chopsticks and cool on paper towels. When all the pork meat has been fried once, increase the oil’s temperature to 375 degrees.
9. Fry the pork pieces a second time until the crust is deep golden brown about 1 minute(this second frying makes the coating stay extra crispy). Drain on paper towels.
10. Place the grilled mushrooms, fresh figs, oranges, and fried pork meat onto a serving plate. Serve it with the dressing.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.