…. Please have a taco today!!!…….How good does that look? This was the most delicious dish I had when my family ate out for the first time when we moved to America 20 years ago. It tasted not greasy and a little spicy. Now that I think about it, it’s everyone’s favorite Mexican food. A taco is a traditional Mexican food consisting of a small hand-sized corn- or wheat-based tortilla topped with a filling. The tortilla is then folded around the filling and eaten by hand. These were delicious!!! Since we’re stuck at home during the COVID- 19 quarantine, I’m trying to make special meals for us so that dinner isn’t boring. These were a big hit so far. Tacos were essentially a street food first introduced to America since they were cheap. The future of tacos looks bright. As confident chefs bring in the real taste of home, you can see more delicious fusion tacos. Have you tried this taco with freshly pickled cabbage, spicy sauce, and delicious grilled fish? My husband wanted to add more vegetables — tomatoes and avocado, but I thought it tasted great with the crunchy fresh picked cabbage. Come experience this great taste for yourself today! This recipe is from @recipe_tin.
Time: 1 hour
- 6 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 450 g(1 lb) firm white fish fillets, pat dry
- 1 lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 tsp jalapeño(or canned jalapeño), chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley(or cilantro), chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/6 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For picked cabbage:
- 3 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 stems green onion, cut on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For pink sauce:
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 2–3 tbsp sriracha
- Put the lime zest, lime juice, taco seasoning, jalapeño, parsley, garlic, olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper into a bowl to mix well.
2. Marinate the fish with the mixed sauce well and set aside for 30 minutes(no longer than 1 hour).
3. Meanwhile, put the cabbage and green onion into a bowl.
4. Add the red wine and sea salt into the bowl to toss and combine. Set aside for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, sift the picked cabbage with a strainer(drain excess liquid).
6. Put the sour cream and sriracha into a bowl to mix well.
7. After 30 minutes marinated fish, heat a pan with medium high heat and add the olive oil into the pan.
8. Grill marinated fish for 2 minutes on each side. Place the cooked fish onto a tray and flake into large pieces.
9. Assemble tacos. Put a tortilla(warm with a pan)onto a cutting board and put cabbage on top of the tortilla. And then put the fish, pink sauce, and parsley on top of the cabbage. Squeeze lime juice.
10. Serve it.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.