….It was a meal prepared for my family with a special heart. It was refreshing and delicious. It’s one of my favorite dishes. I carefully prepared this dish and put lots of love into making it. I am always feeling so blessed to see everyone eating the food I prepared! LACEY and ANNE loved this dish, and they especially liked the mustard sauce. But my husband didn’t like making the wraps by himself….At that time ANNE told him “Do not eat it if troublesome!”. I felt quite relieved she said that…hahaha..Tiredness disappears just by looking at them eating deliciously… That’s a high compliment! The only complaint I ever got was that it takes a long time to prepare every ingredient properly. Also the batter of flour mixture is great to age for a day in the refrigerator. I need to do this so the ingredients keep their flavor, texture, and color when they are eventually wrapped together. The result is delicious but time consuming.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes plus 1 day for aging the batter of flour mixture
- 200 g beef short ribs, julienned
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 2 king oyster mushrooms, julienned
- braised burdock root(gobo jorim)(this is optional)
- 2 abalones, sliced thinly
- 6 shrimp, peeled
- 8 scallops
- 1 Ts Mat-gan-jang
- 1 ts garlic, minced
- sesame oil to taste
- black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- 1 egg(50 g)
- 250 g kelp broth(or water)…. 1 egg + kelp broth=300 g
- 150 g flour(half of egg mixture weight)
- 1/2 ts sea salt
- 1 ts avocado oil
….all mixed and age for 1 day in refrigerator
For mustard sauce:
- 2 Ts muscovado
- 1 Ts mustard(tube)
- 3 Ts vinegar
- 2 ts Mat-Gan-Jang
- 1 ts(or 1/2 ts) sesame oil
- Mix the egg, kelp broth, flour, sea salt, and avocado oil into a bowl well. Keep it in a refrigerator for 1 day.
2. Put the muscovado, mustard(tube), vinegar, Mat-Gan-Jang, and sesame oil into a small jar. Mix well and keep it in a refrigerator.
3. Put the beef into a tray. Add the garlic, Mat-Gan-Jang, black pepper, and sesame oil into the tray to mix well evenly. Set aside for 20 minutes.
4. Put the zucchini into a bowl and add sea salt(2 % of zucchini weight) into the bowl for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, squeeze the salted zucchini into a strainer with a cheese cloth lightly. Set aside.
6. Heat a pan with medium heat and add avocado oil, the king oyster mushrooms, and sea salt to stir for 2 minutes. Place gobo jorim and mushrooms onto a tray.
7. Heat the same pan with medium heat and add avocado oil and abalone to stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle some sesame oil into the pan and place onto the same tray.
8. Heat the same pan with medium low heat and add avocado oil and garlic into the pan to stir for 1 minutes. Add the salted zucchini into the pan to stir them for 2 minutes. Set aside.
9. Heat the same pan with medium high heat and add avocado oil and marinade beef to stir them until the moisture is gone. Set aside.
10. Heat a pot with medium high heat and add 3 cup water to boil. After boiling, add the scallops into the pot to parboil for 1-2 minutes.
11. Sift the scallops with a strainer and cool down. Sliced thinly and set aside.
12. Heat a pot with medium high heat and add 3 cup water and shrimp into the pot to parboil for 4–5 minutes. Cool down and slice. Set aside.
13. Heat a pan with low heat and add 2 drops of avocado oil onto the pan(spread well on the pan with a brush). Put the batter onto the pan with a spoon to make a small round. Repeat with all batter and place them onto a serving plate.
14. Serve it all together with the sauce.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.