….Geotjeori is a salad- like kimchi you can eat immediately without fermentation. I made it today and had it for dinner. It was fresh and tasted so good. Lightly salted Napa cabbage mixed soy sauce, red chili powder, and sesame oil. Featuring a refreshing taste, it’s the only kimchi seasoned with sesame oil.
- 2.2 lbs napa cabbage
- 1 cup garlic chives
- 3 green onion stems (this is optional)
- salt water (3 cup water +1/2 cup sea salt)
Kimchi Paste Ingredients:
- 3 Ts red chili power
- 1 Ts soy sauce
- 1 Ts sugar (or 2 Ts plum extract)
- 1/2 Ts anchovy sauce
- 1 ts salt
- 1 ts ginger juice
- 3 Ts water
- 1 ts sesame seeds
- 1/2 Ts crushed garlic
- 1/2 ts sesame oil
cooking instructions :
- Cut the napa cabbage in half and remove the napa cabbage’ root.
- Clean and drain the napa cabbage, and cut leaves in 3- 4 pieces lengthwise.
- Mix the salt water, pour it on the napa cabbage and mix evenly, let it sit for 1- 3 hours. (mix it up and down several times for salting evenly)
4. Rinse them 2 times lightly and drain.
5. Cut the green onion, the garlic chives in 5 cm lengths.
6. Mix the kimchi paste ingredients for preparing kimchi, except the sesame oil.
7. Put the napa cabbage in a big bowl, add the kimchi paste, then mix evenly, add the green onion, the garlic chives and mix softly.
8. Add some anchovy sauce if it is too bland.
9. Store in refrigerator.
10. Serve it with sesame oil.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.https://www.instagram.com/p/CL4mPqzluyA/