Fried Corn & Chicken with Green Chili Mayonnaise
….I used to make fried corn as a snack, and today I added some chicken it in to change it as a side dish. It’s very easy, quick dish and delicious, and you can’t stop eating it. My niece who was remembering memories when I was in college told me I made some fried corn for her as a snack. Even after all these years, she still remembers it sometimes for the taste….I remembered the excitement of me and my niece when the fried corn was done and how happy we were. Sometimes I used to eat half of it and put the other half in a bag for my mother to share it. All these memories came back to me. It was usually sweeter and had a corny flavor. I like fresh corn which I can buy all seasons recently. Also I received as a gift these corns from a farmers market today. I researched an upgraded recipe and tried it today. This recipe is from @adamliaw.
Time: 40 minutes
- 3 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 3 Ts chives, copped plus extra for garnish
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- canola oil for frying
- 2 Ts cake flour
- 1 cup tempura flour(GOGI)
- 1/2 ts black pepper
- 1 1/2 ts sea salt
- 1 ts baking powder
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1 cup beer
For green chili mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 avocado
- 2(or 3) jalapeños, removed seeds
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Mix the sea salt, black pepper, baking powder, lemon zest, egg, tempura flour, and beer into a bowl well. Store it in the refrigerator for more than 30 minutes( the batter is crispy when it is cold).
2. Peel the corn kernels. Set aside.
3. Put the diced chicken into a tray and sprinkle some sea salt and black pepper onto the chicken. Set aside for 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes, coat the cake flour with the chicken well gently.
5. Put the corn kernels, chicken, chopped chive, and the batter into a bowl to mix well.
6. Heat a pan with medium high heat and add the canola oil the pan. Heat the oil to 350 degrees(when you put wooden chopstick in the oil, there should be bubbles around the chopstick). Place several layers of paper towels on a sheet pan. Put the batter into the pan with a spoon to fry them until light brown.
7. Transfer the corn & chicken fritters onto the tray. Set aside.
8. Mix the sauce ingredients, put the jalapeños, avocado, lemon juice, and mayonnaise into a bowl.
9. Blend them with a hand blender well.
10. Serve the chicken & corn fritters with the sauce.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.