….A few days ago, I knew that frying perilla flowers with seeds inside pouches makes it savory and attractive. After the flowers fall, the seeds are filled with small pouches. It was full of perilla seeds that I had never seen before. I was surprised that there are so many small ingredients that can be used as ingredients. I got the idea from @future.plate, who cooks with various ingredients. Thanks always…. My husband asked me quickly “What is it?” “It looks like a white snowflake!” “ It tastes so nutty and crunchy. Can I eat perilla flowers?”.……. It is a new ingredient for me that is beautiful, fun, and delicious. We ate perilla leaves, flowers, and seeds neatly with nothing to throw away.
Time: 30 minutes
- 20 perilla flowers, clean and pat dry
- 2 Ts mixed vegetables juice
- 3 Ts potato starch
- 1 cup frying mixed flour
- 1 cup water
- canola oil to fry
- Sprinkle the mixed vegetables juice into the perilla flowers on a tray for 10 minutes.
2. Sprinkle the potato starch onto the perilla flowers evenly.
3. Mix the frying mixed flour and water well lightly.
4. Heat a pan with medium high heat and add the canola oil into the pan. Heat the oil to 375 degrees(when you put wooden chopstick in the oil, there should be bubbles around the chopstick). Place several layers of paper towels on a sheet pan. Put the perilla flower into the flour mixture. Fry them until light brown.
5. Serve it with soy sauce.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.