Goat Cheese Truffles
….Looking for the perfect appetizer? You have to try these scrumptious, savory cheese truffles. This recipe is from @sseong_nh. As soon as I saw this on my feed, I saved it. This is the recipe I need when my family gatherings start around this time. His recipes have always satisfied my family. Thanks for sharing this recipe! This recipe is a slightly more sophisticated take on the classic cheese ball. But while these cheese ball bites may look fancy, they’re actually very simple to prepare, not to mention fun to eat. First of all, I toasted almonds and pecans lightly and got some fresh Italian parsley from my garden. I kept thinking of my family who like cheese and cookies. Furthermore, my grandson SIWOO gave a small honey bottle to me as a present from Carmel Valley Ranch last week. He is growing so fast from a baby to a little boy who is so lovely!!! I added the honey into these cheese truffles. These mini cheese balls are easy to make and so irresistible. If you are traveling to families for the holiday, these also travel incredibly well.
Time: 30 minutes
- 150 g goat cheese
- 100 g cream cheese
- 100g almonds, toasted lightly and chopped roughly
- 100g walnuts, toasted lightly and chopped roughly
- 70 g dried cranberries, chopped
- 10 g Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Heat a pan with medium low heat and toast the almonds and walnuts separately until crisp and light brown. Set aside to cool down.
2. After cooling down, crush the toasted almond and walnuts with a knife(can use blender). Chop the dried cranberries and Italian parsley with a knife. Set aside.
3. Put the goat cheese, cream cheese, half of the chopped almonds, half of the chopped walnuts, half of the chopped cranberries, 1 tbsp honey, and cinnamon powder into a bowl and mix well.
4. Make cheese balls: take some of the cheese mixture in your palms and roll it into a ball (can be made to the same size).
5. Place the remaining half of chopped almond, chopped walnut, chopped cranberries, and Italian parsley onto a tray and mix lightly.
6. Coat the cheese ball with this nut mixture well. Keep this in the refrigerator and can be stored for a week.
7. Serve it with crackers and drizzle some honey onto the cheese ball.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.