….This delicious healthy granola recipe is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. It’s made with oats, olive oil, your favorite nuts and a special ingredient. It’s usually baked until it is crisp, toasted and golden brown. JOHN and I eat yogurt with granola once a day. Everyone knows that nuts are good for health so I try to eat more. I made it with reduced maple syrup from the original recipe, but it tastes great. If you like it sweet, you can add more maple syrup. It needs to be baked in the over 4 times. This recipe is from chef Comble.
Time: 1 hour plus 3–4 hours for drying oats and peeling walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup oats,(rinsed and dried: this is optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts,(parboiled and peeled: this is optional)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Ts olive oil
- 4 Ts maple syrup(or 5 Ts maple syrup):ESCUMINAC
- 1 Ts Muscovado sugar
- 1/2 Ts cinnamon powder
- 1/2 ts sea salt
- 1/2 egg white(special tip: It helps to combine all ingredients.)
- Put all grains and nuts in a strainer and shake off the powder.
- Mix the oats, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, and sliced almonds into a big bowl well. Mix the syrup ingredients into a bowl well.
2. Pour the mixed syrup into the big bowl and mix them well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 385F. Place 2 layers of baking paper on a baking pan. After 10 minutes, spread the mixed nuts onto the baking pan.
4. Cook in a preheated oven about 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, take out the baking pan and flip over the nut mixture.
6. Heat down the oven to 300F. Cook a second time in a preheated oven about 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, take out the baking pan and flip over the nut mixture.
8. Cook a third time in a preheated oven about 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, take out the baking pan and add the cranberries into the nut and flipping them over.
9. Cook last time in a preheated oven about 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, take out the baking pan and cool down the granola for 2 hours.
10. Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks.
How to clean oats:
- Put the oats into a strainer and pour some cold water.
2. Place the wet oats into several layers of paper towel on a sheet pan. Dry it for 3–4 hours.
How to peel walnuts:
- Boil some water with high heat and parboil the walnuts for 1 minute. Sift the walnuts.
2. Peel them with a toothpick.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.