Grilled Chicken with Corn Flakes
….Meeting good neighbors when moving is a great blessing to anyone. When my family moved to America, we were lucky. A Korean woman lived next door, who was LACEY’s violin teacher’s sister. Being able to have a good conversation with her was luck like winning the lottery. She even made food for my daughters. My daughters really liked this dish back in those days. I learned this recipe from her then, and this food reminds me of a mistake I made. I set the oven temperature in Celsius, when my oven had to be Fahrenheit. It was the first time we lived in America where I couldn’t solve even a small thing unless someone taught me. Wherever you live, good neighbors are like family and are the joy of life. I leave this recipe as a memory and wonder if it will taste as good as it did back then…
Time: 40 minutes plus 24 hours for marinating chicken breast with creamy french dressing
- 500 g chicken breast, cleaned, pat dry, and cut into one bite size
- 4 cups corn flakes, crushed roughly
- 3–4 tbsp creamy french dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For creamy French dressing: makes about 2 1/2 cups(you may use for other salads)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup muscovado
- 3/4 cup(1 small) yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For dipping sauce:
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp triple crunch mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1–2 tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- Place all of the creamy French dressing ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Pat dry the chicken breast with paper towels and cut into bite size.
3. Put the chicken breast into a container and marinate them with the creamy French dressing to mix well. Keep it in a refrigerator for 24 hours.
4. Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce. Put the triple crunch mustard, mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, sea salt, and white pepper into a bowl to mix well. Keep it in a refrigerator, will keep up to 2 weeks.
5. After 24 hours, crush the corn flakes roughly and put them into a tray.
6. Add the olive oil into the corn flakes to mix well lightly.
7. Coat the marinated chicken breast with corn flakes meticulously.
8. Put the chicken breast onto a baking tray.
9. Preheat the oven to 392 F. Cook in a preheated oven about 15 minutes.
10. After 15 minutes, turn off the oven heat and remove the baking tray onto a counter.
11. Serve it with the dipping sauce.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.