….Shall we eat hot dogs today? Anyone can easily make hot dogs with a delicious sauce! There are many varieties of sauces, but I liked the ratio of this sauce the best. Hot dogs are enjoyed at many other times and in many other places all over the country. Do you ever have hot dogs at school for lunch? What about at home for dinner? My husband sometimes takes them for lunch. An age-old favorite for many kids is hot dogs and macaroni and cheese! My grandson’s absolute favorite food is still macaroni and cheese… When will my hot dogs become his favorite food??? I chose mild Italian sausage, but you can choose according to your own taste. If you don’t like vegetables, it’s still a thumbs-up even if you eat it with just the sauce. Also, I shared a bottle of hot dog sauce with my daughter, Anne. Instead of lettuce, she sautéed kimchi and onions to put on top. As expected, my daughter created something new and delicious in her own style. This recipe is from @booth108kwon.
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 hot dog buns
- 2 fresh mild Italian pork sausages
- 4 green lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 300 g iceberg lettuce, roughly sliced
- garlic chips for garnish (optional)
For hot dog sauce:
- 1 cup (200 ml) tomato ketchup
- 70 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tbsp muscovado
- 4 tbsp Meyer lemon juice (or 3 tbsp lemon juice)
- 1 tsp crushed pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 15 g unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Heat a pot over medium-low heat, add the unsalted butter and garlic to the pot, and stir-fry them for 1–2 minutes.
2. Add the tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, muscovado sugar, lemon juice, crushed pepper, paprika powder, sea salt, and black pepper to the pot. Simmer them for 10 minutes. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
3. Heat a pan over medium-low heat, add 1 tbsp of avocado oil to the pan, and grill the sausage until it’s cooked for 8–10 minutes. Set it aside.
4. Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Wait until the pan heats up, then stir-fry the iceberg lettuce very quickly and set it aside.
5. Place a hot dog bun on a plate and put 2 pieces of green lettuce inside the bun.
6. Place the cooked iceberg lettuce on top of the green lettuce.
7. Place the cooked sausage on top of the iceberg lettuce and drizzle the sauce on top of the sausage.
8. Sprinkle some garlic chips on top.
9. Serve it.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.