How to prepare Dried Sea-cucumber
….Dried sea cucumber is a great ingredient to cook for Chinese cuisine. It isn’t easy to prepare dried sea cucumber. You need a lot of time (3–5 days) to soak them. Then you need to boil it once a day with clean water and close a lid until soft them. As we know, sea cucumber is rich in nutrients — calcium, iron, phosphorus. They are especially good for growing children, and everyone likes the chewy texture. You can keep soaked dried sea cucumber it a freezer to use it.
Time : 3–5 days
- 6 dried sea cucumber, cleaned with a kitchen brush
- 8 cup water for each boiling pot
- Heat a pot with medium high heat and add the water and dried sea cucumber into the pot to boil it with a lid. After boiling them, turn off the heat and leave them for 1 day with the lid.
2. After 1 day, clean the sea cucumber with cold water.
3. Heat the pot with medium high heat to add the sea cucumber and water to boil it again. After boiling it, turn off the heat to leave it with the lid for more 1 day.
4. After 1 day, clean the sea cucumber with cold water(keep boiling once a day until the sea cucumber softens).
5. Remove the intestines and clean them. You can keep them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.