Japanese Egg Sandwich(Tamago Sando)
….Whenever I go grocery shopping to the Japanese market, I always buy one or two egg sandwiches. The Japanese egg sandwich is popular and I enjoy it all the time. It features a creamy egg salad packed between light and fluffy Japanese milk bread. It looks very simple and is so easy to put together and holds up well, so it’s perfect for a light meal or wrapped up for your kid’s lunch box. Great quality eggs are always fresh and full of flavor, and milk bread is another key element of the perfect Japanese egg sandwich. It has a light, fluffy, airy texture and silky taste. I put one piece of egg sandwich into my husband’s mouth on the way home from work, and he loved it. And then I received an order for his lunch box tomorrow. This recipe is from @comble2. I added some minced celery in it, which is one of my husband’s favorite vegetables. It’s a simple recipe, but it makes a luxurious taste. There is no end to learning. I am grateful that the quality of my table has improved little by little with the new recipe. Thank you so much!!!
Time: 30 minutes
- 4 pieces white bread
- 3 eggs, boiled
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 tsp mustard(tube)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream(or plain yogurt)
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp celery, minced
- 2 tsp triple crunch mustard
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Heat a pot with medium high heat and add the water, 1 tbsp sea salt, and vinegar into the pot to boil with a lid.
2. Start boiling, and put the egg into the pot to boil for 9–10 minutes with the lid.
3. After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and remove the egg into cold water for 5 minutes. Peel the egg and set aside.
4. Separate the egg yolk and white(mince the egg white).
5. Put the egg yolk into a bowl.
6. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, sea salt, and black pepper into the bowl to mix them well.
7. Add the egg white, celery and triple crunch mustard into the bowl to mix well softly.
8. Place 2 pieces white bread onto a tray.
9. Spread the butter on top of the bread(both sides).
10. Spread the mustard on top of the bread(only one side).
11. Put the egg salad on top of the mustard and put other bread on top.
12. Cut the edges.
13. Put some green and tomato on top.
14. Serve it.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.