Korean BBQ Cha-Dol from Brisket with Salad(Geotjeori)
….This recipe needs the Cha-Dol to be lightly seasoned in advance. Even though it takes a lot of effort, the taste is much better than what you can get any other way. Also I am introducing a simple ingredient “Mixed vegetables juice”. It’s good for a meat dish or a vegetable dish to upgrade flavor. This is a dish that everyone in my family loves especially ANNE, also my guests as well.
Times: 1 hour
- 1 lb beef brisket(Cha-Dol), sliced thinly
- 3 cup Napa cabbage, sliced
- 2 cup chives, cut into 1.5 inches
- 1 cup red paprika, sliced
- 1 cup yellow paprika, sliced
- 1 cup pear, sliced
- 5 fresh chestnut, sliced(this is optional)
- 1 Ts avocado oil
For Cha-Dol seasoning:
- 3 Ts mixed vegetables juice
- 1 Ts soy sauce
- 1 ts honey
- 1 ts sesame oil
- 1 ts sake
- 1/2 ts perilla oil
- 1 ts sugar
For salad(Geotjeori) dressing:
- 1.5 Ts chili powder
- 1 Ts mixed vegetables juice
- 1/2 Ts sugar
- 2 Ts salted shrimp
- 1 ts toasted sesame seeds
- 1 ts garlic
- 1 Ts sesame oil
- Mix the Cha-Dol seasoning in a bowl well evenly.
2. Marinade the Cha-Dol to dip in the sauce one by one. Put them in a container and keep in a refrigerator for 3 hours.
3. Mix the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl well evenly.
4. Mix the Napa cabbage, chives, red paprika, yellow paprika, sesame oil and pear into a bowl well right before eating.
5. Heat a grill pan with medium high heat and add the avocado oil into the grill pan. Grill the Cha-Dol on a table. Serve it with salad(Geotjeori).
You can also view this recipe on instagram.