Korean BBQ with Beef Brisket Point
….This is a Beef Brisket Point-grilled dish that Koreans love. Beef brisket point is one part of the beef brisket that’s not soft, so it must be sliced very thinly before cooking. This recipe needs the brisket point to be lightly seasoned in advance. Even though it takes a lot of effort, the taste is much better than you can get any other way. Also I am introducing a simple ingredient “mixed vegetables juice”. It’s great for a meat dish, a fish dish, or a vegetable dish to upgrade the flavor. When you make the mixed vegetables juice, divide 2 tbsp portions to keep it in a freezer. It is convenient to take out and use whenever necessary. This is a small tip for cooking. This is a dish that everyone in my family loves especially ANNE, and my guests as well. I absolutely love this because it’s served with fresh vegetables and a tiny sauce on top of the beef brisket point. It would be nice if you didn’t use the same vegetables as me. It is better to use vegetables that each person likes.
Time: 1 hour
- 1 lb beef brisket point, sliced thinly
- 3 cup Napa cabbage, sliced
- 2 cup chives, cut into 1.5 inches
- 1 cup red paprika, sliced
- 1 cup yellow paprika, sliced
- 1 cup pear, sliced
- 5 fresh chestnut, sliced(this is optional)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
For brisket point seasoning:
- 3 tbsp mixed vegetables juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sake
- 1/2 tsp perilla oil
- 1 tsp muscovado
For salad dressing:
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp mixed vegetables juice
- 1/2 tbsp muscovado
- 2 tbsp salted shrimp
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Mix the brisket point seasoning ingredients in a bowl well evenly.
2. Pat dry the brisket point with some paper towels.
3. Marinate the brisket point in the sauce one by one. Put them in a container and keep in a refrigerator for 2–3 hours.
4. Mix the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl well evenly.
5. Place the Napa cabbage, chives, red paprika, yellow paprika, and pear into a tray.
6. Heat a grill pan with medium high heat and add the avocado oil into the grill pan. Grill the marinated brisket point for 30 seconds until golden brown.
7. Mix the vegetables and the salad dressing into a bowl well right before eating.
8. Serve the grilled brisket point immediately with the salad.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.