….Pancakes are one of the favorite dishes of the whole family. When the savory smell of oil spreads, my husband often comes to the kitchen first. He says that they are delicious to eat as soon as they are taken out of the pan, so he sits next to me and eats them. It is always heartwarming to see him enjoy them while talking about the old days. I am grateful that cooking ends before I know it while reminiscing about my cooking time, which can sometimes be boring. The savory pancakes are a dish that is hard to resist, even when the oil splashes around. It took quite a lot to take out all the leftover ingredients in the refrigerator. Little bits of leftover ingredients here and there are the best for making pancakes. We’ll use a couple of different kinds of vegetables, and you can add your own as well. These pancakes remind me of my mother. When I was young, she often made them like mixed pancakes. They were so tasty! While she was cooking the pancakes, we all eagerly watched what she was doing. Once she brought them to the table, we ate them very quickly! It was our childhood spent with our older sister and brother. It’s definitely a fond memory for me. The nasturtium brought from @hyunmi_leey’s house was beautifully spread out, so I used it as a garnish.
Time: 1 hour
- 100g oyster mushrooms, poached and cut into small pieces
- 100g alba mushrooms, poached and cut into small pieces
- 200g brown mushrooms, poached and cut into small pieces
- 300g squid, cut into small pieces
- 400g shrimp, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 5 green onions, minced
- 5 asparagus, cut into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- 5 tbsp Korean pancake powder
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- sea salt to taste + 1 tsp
- avocado oil for pan frying
- Heat a pot with medium high heat and add 6 cups water into the pot to boil.
2. Add 1 tsp sea salt into the pot.
3. Poach the mushrooms in the pot for 1–2 minutes, then strain them using a sieve.
4. Place the mushrooms, asparagus, green onion, shrimp, squid, pancake powder, potato starch, sea salt, eggs, and sesame oil into a large bowl and mix well.
5. Heat a pan with medium heat and add some avocado oil into the pan.
6. Pour some pancake mixture onto the pan and grill until both sides are golden brown. Repeat with the remaining mixture and continue grilling.
7. Serve hot.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.