….I buy a few leeks to keep on hand in my refrigerator. The leeks will stay fresh for a week if properly stored. So I used leeks for this recipe. Leek is a vegetable that tastes like garlic. I don’t make pasta very often, but this pungent mix of anchovies, garlic, red pepper flakes gives pasta more than enough character for a satisfying dinner. This recipe is from @mrs_macarons. JOHN had a delicious dinner today.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 lb dried pasta
- 4 anchovy
- 10 scallops
- 1 leek, sliced and soak with cold water
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 Ts butter
- 3 Ts fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest(garnish)
- 1 Ts Italy parsley, minced
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 6 -8 peperoncino, crushed
- 2 Ts white wine
- 5 Ts olive oil
- Marinade the scallops with 2 Ts olive oil, 1/8 ts sea salt, black pepper and white wine well in a bowl for 10 minutes.
2. Heat up a pot with high heat and add water to boil it. Add a pinch of sea salt and dried pasta for 7–8 minutes(cook it al dente). Sift the pasta noodles.
3. Heat up a pan with medium high heat and add 3 Ts olive oil and the marinaded scallops into the pan to grill them until golden brown. Add 1 Ts butter into the pan(butter adds flavor to scallops). Turn off the heat and set aside.
4. Heat up a pan with medium heat and add 3 Ts olive oil, leek, garlic, peperoncino and anchovies into the pan. Stir fry them for 1–2 minutes.
5. Add the boiled pasta and 1 cup the water of the boiled pasta into the pan to keep stirring them for 2–3 minutes. Add the grilled scallops juice into the pan.
6. Add the lemon juice, 1 Ts butter, black pepper and grilled scallops into the pan to mix them well. Add some sea salt If it is too bland.
7. Serve it with some garnish(lemon zest and Italian parsley).