….This is a new recipe with unexpected ingredients. This recipe is from @future.plate. She presents a new taste with a new combination of ingredients and wonderful presentation. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find this recipe, but I made it my way. Using zucchini as a burger bun, it reminded me of the Korean recipe zucchini pancake. Put a small piece of sliced tomato, a piece of green and sprinkle some cheese onto a zucchini!! Stole my heart at a glance. I made this because I wanted to leave this recipe to my daughters. Also zucchini is one of my family’s favorite vegetables. I wondered if I could get the favor right, but I’ll make it several times to reinforce the taste. I have a delicious zucchini in my refrigerator today….hahaha! I used two different sauces on top, so that we can choose the flavor we want. My husband liked balsamic cream, and I liked brown sauce on top. I am wondering, what’s a more perfect sauce?
Time: 50 minutes
- 200 g(1 cup) ground beef
- 100 g(1/2 cup) ground pork
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + some more to taste
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/3 inch
- tomato to taste
- parmesan cheese to taste
- some arugula to taste
- balsamic cream to taste
….I made twice!!
For brown sauce:
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 chicken broth
- 1 tsp chicken bouquet(browning & seasoning sauce)
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp red wine
- Slice the zucchini into 1/3 inch and sprinkle some sea salt onto the zucchini for 30 minutes.
2. Put the ground beef, ground pork, onion, garlic, egg, sea salt, bread crumbs, heavy cream, thyme, and black pepper into a tray to mix well evenly. Set aside.
3. Make the brown sauce. Heat a pot with medium heat and add the butter and flour to stir them until golden brown.
4. Add the chicken broth, chicken bouquet, thyme into the pot to boil it.
5. Add the red wine into the pot and flambé it for 1 minute.
6. Turn off the heat and set aside.
7. After 30 minutes, heat a pan with medium low heat and add some avocado oil and the sliced zucchini into the pan to pan fry them both sides until cooked lightly. Set aside.
8. Heat a pan with medium low heat and add some avocado oil into the pan. Knead the meat mixture between your palms to make a small size patty and grill them into the pan until golden brown.
9. Make the mini burger. Put a piece of zucchini into a tray and put a cooked patty on top of the zucchini.
10. Add the brown sauce or balsamic cream on top of the meat patty.
11. Add a piece of zucchini on top of the brown sauce(or balsamic cream).
12. Add a piece of tomato, some parmesan, and 2 pieces of arugula on top of the zucchini.
13. Serve it.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.