….I had some leftover ingredients — chicken breast, mushrooms, and spinach in my refrigerator. Chicken is protein that you can get very creative with. The options are endless when it comes down to how you prepare your chicken. I promise that you will love this mushroom stuffed chicken breast recipe. I stuffed it with mushrooms, spinach, and cheese, then cooked it without sauce to bake in the oven. This easy oven baked stuffed chicken breast is a great dinner idea. The filling is versatile and you can season to taste. This cheesy spinach and mushroom filled chicken breast is so delicious. Got any picky eaters in your house? Have no fear, this mushroom stuffed chicken breast is a cheese-stuffed chicken recipe that everyone will love! How do I know this? Because we liked it….I usually add mozzarella in it, but I don’t have mozzarella in my refrigerator today. So I added Gruyere cheese instead. Frankly as a result, adding mozzarella would have been softer and more flavorful than Gruyere cheese.
Time: 40 minutes
- 2 chicken breast, pat dry and cut pockets(leaving the round side in tact)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 50 g gruyere cheese(or mozzarella cheese)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Sprinkle inside the chicken and outside with half the sea salt and black pepper into a tray. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat a pan with medium high heat and add the butter to melt.
3. Add the mushrooms into the pan to stir fry for 2–3 minutes until golden.
4. Add the remaining sea salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme into the pan until mushrooms golden.
5. Add the spinach into the pan to stir them until wilted. Set aside to cool down.
6. After cooling down, Put the mushroom stuffing into the chicken and then put some cheese on top.
7. Seal with toothpicks.
8. Heat the same pan with medium high heat and grill the chicken breast until golden(but raw inside).
9. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Cook in a preheated oven about 15 minutes.
10. After 15 minutes, remove the pan onto a counter and leave it for 3 minutes(rest time).
11. Take out the toothpicks and slice. Serve it hot.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.