…..I started making Naengmyeon for the first time this summer at home because of COVID-19! A bowl every Saturday for my family … The taste is getting better every week. As a result, I tried making this Naengmyeon Kimchi.
Time: 1 hr 10 min, plus salt
- 2.6 lbs Korean radish
- 2 1/2 Ts sea salt
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Ts plum extract
- 1 cup cider
- 1 Ts red chili powder
- 1 Ts salt
- 1/2 Ts ginger powder
- 1 Ts minced garlic
- Slice the radish thinly and long.
2. Sprinkle the sea salt into sliced radish, let it sit for 40 minutes, rinse them 2 times lightly and drain.
3. Mix the sugar, the plum extract and the cider with the radish.
4. Add the vinegar and the ginger powder. Put the red chili powder in a cheesecloth and mix with the ingredients. Squeeze the powder into the mix to bring a red color out.
5. Mix it all evenly.
6. Keep in room temperature for 12–18 hours.
7. Eat this after storing in the refrigerator for 1 day.