….Yubiki, which means scalding, is a technique where boiling water is poured over raw ingredients and then immediately cooled by immersion in cold water. I chose to lightly boil the octopus, making it easy to prepare. We became immersed in the pleasure of eating a new octopus dish that was lightly fried with hot sesame oil and avocado oil and accompanied by refreshing vegetables. I am grateful to @booth108kwon for sharing the recipe. Octopus is perfect for summer cold dishes as it relieves fatigue and provides the joy of chewing. I was happy to see it on a beautiful plate I recently received as a precious gift. Thank you, @marimcauliffe. Through the act of giving and receiving, we know that our hearts will be filled with joy. To me, cooking is about sharing and love.
Time: 40 minutes
- 2 octopus legs, parboiled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups crown daisy, stems removed
- 2 tbsp Mat-Gan-Jang
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
For the vinegar dressing:
- 100 ml water
- 50 ml vinegar
- 2.5 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- Heat a sauce pot over medium heat and add water, vinegar, sugar, and sea salt. Bring them to a boil for 30 seconds. Set aside to cool down, then refrigerate.
2. Put the lemon zest, capers, black pepper, and olive oil in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
3. Slice the octopus legs thinly and arrange them on a serving plate.
4. Mix the Mat-Gan-Jang and lemon juice in a bowl, then sprinkle it over the octopus.
5. Place the mixed capers over the octopus.
6. Heat a small pot with medium heat and add 2 tbsp sesame oil and avocado oil to boil.
7. Bring it to a boil, then turn off the heat and drizzle the boiled oil lightly over the lightly fried octopus.
8. Add 1 tbsp sesame oil and sesame seeds to the crown daisy and gently mix well.
9. Drizzle the vinegar dressing over the crown daisy and gently mix well. Then, place it on top of the octopus yubiki.
10. Serve it immediately.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.