….When I lived in Korea, I ate a similar dish with meat mixture inside. I add shrimp mixture instead of meat. This combination is great for JOHN and me. The result was beautiful and more delicious than I thought. The flavors are rich, clean, and I guarantee you will get some compliment on it. The texture is very unique, with crispiness outside and softness inside. It’s fun to make it. This can be used as an appetizer.
Times: 1 hour
- 1.5 lb lotus roots, peeled, sliced, and soaked with cold water with 1 Ts vinegar
- 1/2 cup shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 cup chives, minced
- sea salt to taste(1/2 ts)
- 1 1/2 Ts potato starch
- 2 Ts flour
- 1 1/2 ts sesame oil
- 1/4 ts fresh ginger, ground
- black pepper to taste
- avocado oil to fry
- Slice the lotus roots thinly with slicer and soak the lotus roots into the soaking water for 15 minutes(the lotus roots have a little astringent taste, so little bit of vinegar will remove it).
2. Chop the shrimp and mince the chives.
3. Mix the chopped shrimp, chives, potato starch, sesame oil, fresh ginger, sea salt, and black pepper into a tray well evenly. Sift the lotus roots from the soaking water and pat dry.
4. Coat the lotus roots with the flour lightly.
5. Put some shrimp mixture onto a lotus root and then make a sandwich with another lotus loot. Repeat with all lotus loots.
6. Heat a pan with medium heat and add avocado oil to fry them until golden brown.
7. Serve it with soy sauce(this is optional).
You can also view this recipe on instagram.