….Flowers started to bloom on the perilla leaves in my garden. I had fun with the perilla leaves that grew well during this summer. The young perilla leaf buds I got from a friend are growing healthy and well. A few days ago, the friend picked some perilla leaves at my garden. We laughed so much…….hahaha. I was going to pick a basket of perilla leaves and make pan-fried perilla leaves with seafood today. Food made with many ingredients from my garden is much more satisfying. Sharing it also gives me joy. I was going to add some clams as seafood, but I didn’t have it. So I added scallops and whelk meat. It tastes best when eaten hot and all the pancakes sizzling in oil are delicious.
Time: 40 minutes
- 80 perilla leaves, sliced
- 9 scallops, chopped
- 2/3 cup whelk meat(TSUBU GAI), chopped
- 1 cup pancake mix(200 ml)
- 1 cup frying mix(200 ml)
- 2 Ts cheongyang pepper(or jalapeno), minced
- 5 Ts fresh green pepper, minced
- 2 Ts red paprika, chopped
- 1 ts fish sauce
- 1 1/2 cup water(300 ml)
- avocado oil to fry
- 2 Ts soy sauce
- 2 ts vinegar
- Mix the perilla leaves, cheongyang pepper, green pepper, red paprika, scallops, and whelk meat into a bowl.
2. Add the pancake mix and frying mix into the bowl.
3. Mix the pancake mixtures and add the water into the bowl well gently.
4. Add the fish sauce into the bowl to mix them well.
5. Heat a pan with medium heat and add the avocado oil.
6. Fry the pancake mixtures onto the pan until light brown both sides.
7. Repeat with all pancake mixtures and place them onto a tray.
8. Serve the pancakes hot or at room temperature with soy sauce(2 Ts soy sauce + 1 Ts vinegar).
You can also view this recipe on instagram