….Gyeranmari is a very basic Korean egg side dish. Whenever I make Kimchi stew, gyeranmari is a must-have side dish for my family. I add some shrimp, vegetables with egg mixture. It’s the best side dish with Korean food. It needs some know-how for rolling egg mixture, but doesn’t need any specific recipe. ANNE is good at cooking and enjoys it. She finds it difficult to make gyeranmari. If she keeps doing it, she’ll get used to it. Even if it’s broken, it can be fixed by pouring egg mixture again.
Times: 30 minutes
- 10 eggs, separated egg white and egg yolk
- 3 red fresh pepper, minced
- 2 green pepper, minced
- 3 stems green onion, minced
- 10 shrimps, peeled and minced
- 4 Ts avocado oil
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Mix the egg white, red pepper, green pepper, green onion, salt, black pepper and shrimp into a bowl well. Sprinkle salt and black pepper into egg yolk and mix it well.
2. Heat a pan with medium heat and spread avocado oil into the pan.
3. Pour about 1/3 of the egg white mixture on the pan and spread it thinly by tilting the pan.
4. When it’s cooked, lift the right side edge of the omelette and roll it with a spatula from right to left. Repeat this step of 4 and 5 until the egg white mixture runs out. Pour the egg yolk into the pan at last roll.
5. Make a long rectangle box shape by cooking 4 sides.
6. When the omelette cools down, cut it into bite size.
7. Serve it with steamed rice.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.