….I can’t cook a variety of dishes using salmon well. I grill or make it as sashimi. I found a new way through an Instagram post and made it. I learned how to cook salmon and almost ate it all while grilling it. Also I seasoned it with pickled plum. I bought some pickled plum from a Japanese market. It wasn’t easy to buy it, because there was a lot of picked plum. This was the first time I bought it. I started making it in anticipation of a new experience. It was hard to roll them with rice paper, and the result was a mess. I hoped to cover up the mess during the next step….haha. However it didn’t end up perfectly in the end……. Fortunately though, it’s crunchy on the outside, but is tender on the inside. JOHN and I had a great new dish. Thanks for sharing this recipe. This recipe is from @mrs_macarons.
Time: 40 minutes plus 12 hours for aging salmon with kelp and fresh dill
- 12 pieces rice papers
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 10 pickled plums, took out inside seeds and minced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup green onion, minced
- fresh dill for aging salmon
- 5 Ts avocado oil
- 3 Ts ponzu sauce
- 1 Ts toasted sesame seeds
- 1 ts chili powder
- 5" *5" kelp, soaked with cold water for 30 minutes
- hot water for rice papers
- Put the salmon onto a tray and put some fresh dill and kelp on top of the salmon for aging in a refrigerator for 12 hours.
2. After 12 hours, take off the kelp and fresh dill. Cut the salmon into small size.
3. Heat a pan with medium high heat and add 2 Ts avocado oil into the pan.
4. Grill the salmon into the pan until light brown. Set aside.
5. Soak a rice paper into hot water for 2–3 seconds and put the rice paper onto a cutting board.
6. Pile the grilled salmon, pickled plums, green onions, and red onions onto the rice paper.
7. Fold in the sides and wrap over the rice paper. Roll it one or two more times until the whole things is secured(don’t roll too tightly). Repeat with all salmon pieces and roll them up in the same way.
8. Heat a pan with medium high heat and add 3 Ts avocado oil and the wrapped salmons onto the pan to grill them until light brown. Set aside.
9. Mix the ponzu sauce, 2 Ts green onion, sesame seeds, and chili powder into a bowl well.
10. Serve it with sauce.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.