Spicy Stir-Fried Squid Served Over Rice
….This dish is a very easy recipe, where you don’t even need any special ingredients. It’s spicy Korean stir-fried squid, one of our all time favorite dishes. You can make it with pretty much anything you have in the fridge, not just what I use here. The key to this dish is the sauce, and in my recipe. This recipe is very special to me because there were family members who always gave me a thumbs up even when I was busy making this quickly. This dish is incredibly easy to make once you get the ingredients together. I’ve been making it for so long I don’t even remember where I learned it! It’s like a part of me. My family all loves it, and I think to myself “mine is better than the other recipes.”
Time: 40 minutes
- 2 squids, peeled, scored lightly inside and cut into small size(peel the skin of squid with paper towel)
- 5 brussels sprouts, cut into 1/4
- 1 leek, cut into 2 inches
- 1 red paprika, sliced
- 1 yellow paprika, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 cup white mushrooms
- 1/3 cup garlic stems, cut into small size
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into small size
- 1 tbsp chill oil
- 4 cups steamed rice
For spicy sauce:
- 2 tbsp gochujang(Korean traditional red hot pepper paste)
- 1 tbsp chili pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tbsp muscovado
- 1 tbsp tuna sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the gochujang, chili pepper, soy sauce, Mirin, rice syrup, muscovado, tuna sauce, sesame oil, and toasted sesame seeds into a bowl well. Set aside.
2. Heat a pan with medium high heat and add the chili oil into the pan.
3. Stir fry the garlic and garlic stem for 30 seconds and add the vegetables into the pan to keep stirring for 1- 2 minutes.
4. Add the squid into the pan to keep stirring them until the squid is cooked.
5. Add the spicy sauce into the pan and keep stirring them for 1 minute.
6. Add a smoky flavor with a torch.
7. Serve over rice.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.