….It’s a dish that the king ate at the palace in the past in Korea. It must be nutritious because royal cuisine is lightly seasoned and looks neat. This recipe is from @future.plate. I made this dish for my grandson. He is 16 months old and loves tofu. I always think about what to make for him. This recipe uses simple ingredients, so it’s great for him to have it. This recipe is chopped chicken and shrimp with tofu. The taste is very light. I hope he is happy with my dish. It’s pretty like steamed rice cake.
Times: 50 minutes plus 2 hours sifting the tofu with strainer(reduce the water inside tofu).
- 1.5 lb tofu, sifted and reduced the water inside
- 1/2 cup shrimp, ground
- 1 cup chicken tenderloin, ground
- 2 Ts green onion, minced
- 1 1/2 Ts garlic
- 1 ts sea salt
- 2 ts sesame oil
- black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, separate egg yolk and egg white
- 1 shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1 ts avocado oil
- Chop the chicken and shrimp well into a big bowl.
2. Beat the egg yolks and egg white separately with a little salt. Heat a pan with low heat and add the avocado oil into the pan.
3. Pour the egg white into the pan to spread thinly, turn off the heat and let it cook on the hot pan for 1 minute. Flip it over and let it sit on the pan for 1 more minute. Make egg yolk in the same way. Set aside for cooling down.
4. Heat a pan with medium low heat and add some avocado oil and shiitake mushrooms to stir fry it for 2–3 minutes. Set aside.
5. Slice the egg yolk and egg white thinly for garnish.
6. Mix the tofu, chicken, shrimp, garlic, green onion, sesame oil, sea salt, and black pepper into a bowl well evenly.
7. Heat a steamer with medium high heat and put a cheese cloth onto the steamer. Put the well-mixed ingredients in the steamer.
8. Put the garnish(egg yolk strips, egg white strips, and shiitake mushrooms) on the top of the tofu mixture and press it gently. Cook it for 20–25 minutes with a lid(while steaming, you have to check the water inside pot).
9. Turn off the heat and take out the cheese cloth and tofu together into a cutting board.
10. Cut it carefully and serve it.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.