Stir-Fried Cucumbers(Oi Bokkeum)
….Have you ever tried stir-fried cucumbers for a Korean side dish? Stir-frying cucumbers may sound a little strange to some of you, but it’s commonly done in Korean cooking. My mother added some ground beef in it. From my point of view, it brings out the sweetness of the cucumbers, and the texture is different and fun. It will be a nice addition to your Korean side dish recipe. JOHN said it’s a side dish that goes with anything.
Time: 40 minutes
- 4 cup green cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 1 Ts sea salt
- 2/3 cup ground beef
- 1 Ts Mat-Gan-Jang
- 1 ts garlic, minced
- 1 Ts green onion, minced
- 2 ts sesame oil
- black pepper to taste
- 1 Ts avocado oil
- Put the cucumbers into a plastic bag and add the sea salt for preserving cucumbers into the plastic bag about 30 minutes. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, marinade the ground beef, Mat-Gan-Jang, garlic, green onion, 1 ts sesame oil, and little bit black pepper in a bowl. Mix them well.
3. After 30 minutes, sift the cucumbers with cheese cloth and squeeze the moisture from the cucumbers.
4. Heat a pan with high heat and add the avocado oil to stir fry the cucumbers quickly for 1–2 minutes until bright green.
5. Turn off the heat and take out the cucumbers into a sheet pan. Spread them out to cool down quickly.
6. Heat a pan with medium high heat and stir fry the marinaded beef quickly until golden brown. Turn off the heat and take out the beef into the sheet pan with the cucumbers. Mix the cucumbers, beef, 1 ts sesame oil, and sesame seed well.
7. Serve it.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.