Stir-fried Dried Anchovies (Myeolchi-Bokkeum)
….Stir-fried anchovies that taste different every time. I tried this recipe several times, and it’s always delicious. This is one of the most common and popular side dishes, and almost every family has their own recipe for it. This recipe is from @mrs_macarons.
Time: 30 min
- 3 cup dried anchovies
- 1 ts special soy sauce (Mat-Gan-Jang)
- 1/2 Ts ginger juice
- 1 Ts gochujang
- 1 Ts red chili powder
- 1 Ts mirin (sweet cooking rice seasoning)
- 2 Ts sugar (or 1Ts sugar, 1Ts honey)
- 3 Ts chili oil
- 1 Ts mayonnaise
- 1 Ts toasted sesame seeds
- First, what kind of anchovies are prepared? Left one is good for broth, right one is good for stir-fry.
2. Stir-fry the anchovies in a skillet pan without oil for 2 minutes.
3. Put the stir-fried anchovies in a colander, shake and toss them so that the smallest bits and broken pieces fall through.
4. Combine the sauce, 1ts Mat-Gan-Jang, 1/2 Ts ginger juice, 1Ts kochujang, 1 Ts red chili powder, 1 Ts mirin, 2 Ts sugar, 3 Ts chili oil, 1 Ts mayonnaise into the skillet pan. Mix well.
5. Heat the skillet pan over medium, and simmer the sauce for 1 minute.
6. Heat the skillet pan down low, then add the pre stir-fried anchovies into the skillet pan. Mix well evenly, sprinkle the sesame seeds.
7. Serve it, and you can keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.