Stir-Fried Seafood, Vegetables, and Pork(Yusanseul)
….I soaked some dried cucumbers last week, which I hadn’t done in a long time. It’s easy to soak a dried sea cucumber, but it needs to be done many times for 3–5 days. It’s one of my family’s favorite ingredients. Today, I made Yusanseul. Even though it takes a lot of effort, the taste is much better than what you can get any other dish. I learned how to cook a Chinese dish skill that parboils the pork and seafoods with oil. Do not deep fry them, it cooks them lightly before stir frying with vegetables. Meat and vegetables stir-fry at different temperatures. I use just a little bit of potato starch to make it just a little sticky, so when you serve it will be shiny and juicy looking. Also I separated the chili oil on the side for my grandson. My husband JOHN ate this dish over rice today.
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 dried sea cucumbers, soaked(how to soak)
- 1/4 lb pork tenderloin, sliced thinly
- 1/4 lb shrimp, cut into half
- 1/2 lb squids, soaked into milk for 30 minutes and sliced thinly
- 1/4 lb oyster mushrooms
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked with cold water and sliced thinly
- 1 bamboo shoots, sliced
- 1 pack enoki mushroom, cut into half
- 1/4 lb white chives, cut into 1.5 inches
- 3 Ts potato starch
- 1 Ts chili oil
- 1 Ts soy sauce
- 1 Ts oyster sauce
- 1 Ts sake
- 2 Ts green onion, minced
- 2 Ts garlic, minced
- 1 ts ginger juice
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth, boiled
- water starch to taste
- 2 Ts avocado oil
- canola oil to parboil
- Put a pot with medium high heat and add 3 cup water into the pot to boil.
2. Parboil the oyster mushrooms into the pot(oyster mushrooms boil in water to remove bubbles).
3. Clean the mushrooms with running water and sift them into strainer. Tear the oyster mushrooms into small size and set aside.
4. prepare all ingredients into a tray.
4. Mix 4 Ts potato starch and 8 Ts water into a bowl well for 30 minutes. Drain the water and set the sunken potato starch aside.
5. Mix the sunken potato starch into the pork, squid, and shrimp well.
6. Heat a pan with low heat and add canola oil into the pan to 62 C. Parboil the squid, shrimp, and pork into the pan until cooked lightly(do not fry them). Take out them into a strainer(remove some oil). Set aside.
7. Heat a pan with medium high heat and add 2 Ts avocado oil into the pan. Add the garlic, ginger, and green onion into the pan to stir fry them for 1 minute.
8. Add the sake and soy sauce into the pan.
9. Add the shiitake mushrooms, bamboo shoots, oyster mushrooms, and sea cucumber into the pan to stir fry them for 1–2 minutes.
10. Add the oyster sauce, parboiled squid, shrimp, and pork into the pot. Heat down to medium heat and add the chicken broth(hot) into the pan until boiling.
11. Add the white chives and enoki mushrooms into the pan to stir them for 1–2 minutes.
12. Sprinkle some water starch and sesame oil into the pan.
13. Serve it with chili oil.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.