Sweet potato starch Noodles Stir fried with Vegetables(Japchae)
….Why is Japchae so delicious? I am crazy about Japchae, especially the sweet potato starch noodles are good. The reason it’s delicious is the sweet and savory sauce. I am used to adding sweet potato noodles into many other recipes. Japchae is one of Korea’s best-loved dishes. I never saw someone who tasted it for the first time who didn’t like it right away. That’s a high compliment. Stir frying each ingredient separately seems like a lot of labor. I am trying to add chives instead of spinaches today to make it slightly easier to cook.
Time: 50 minutes
- 1.2 lb sweet potato starch noodles
- 1 cup beef(sirloin part), sliced
- 1 cup korean chives, cut into 1.5 inches
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 7 Ts soy sauce
- 5 Ts sugar
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 ts toasted sesame seeds
- 2 ts sesame oil
- black pepper powder to taste
- Sliced the beef and marinate it with sauce(1 ts soy sauce, 2 ts sesame oil, and little bit black pepper powder).
2. Soak the sweet potato starch noodles with cold water for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat a pan with medium high heat and add little bit of oil into the pan to stir fry the onion first and then add the bell peppers, chives, beef, and shiitake mushrooms. After stir frying, place them in a big tray to cool them down.
4. Heat a pan with high heat and add 6 cup water into the pot to boil the sweet potato starch noodles in hot water about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain.
5. Heat a pan with medium high heat and add the soy sauce, sugar, and avocado oil into the pan until simmering and add the drained sweet potato starch noodles to be marinated. Mix well the sweet potato starch noodles with sauce.
6. Cool down marinated sweet potato starch noodles and the vegetables. Place them into a big bowl and mix well with toasted sesame seeds, and black pepper powder.
7. Serve it(or serve over rice).
You can also this recipe on instagram.