….I used to make udon soup base once a year for my family. Since my daughters lived separately from me, I didn’t make it anymore. Luckily I found a udon soup base from a Japanese market. When I wanted to make udon easily, I chose the easy way to make it with this udon soup base. My family enjoys it. My family loves udon with spinaches and tofu pockets. This recipe is super simple.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 frozen udon noodles
- 2 cup water
- 4 Ts udon soup base(depends on person)
- 4 cup spinach, cut into half
- 6 pieces braised tofu pockets, sliced
- pickled radish(this is optional)
- Heat a pot with high heat to boil some water and pour the hot water into the frozen udon noodles with a bowl about 1–2 minutes. Sift the noodles and set aside.
2. Heat a pot with medium high heat and add the udon soup base and 2 cup water into the pot to boil them.
3. Parboil the spinaches into the pot for 1minute and take out the spinaches onto a sheet pan(or put the spinaches, braised tofu pockets, noodles into the pot all together for 2–3 minutes).
4. Parboil the braised tofu pockets into the pot for 30 seconds and take out the braised tofu pockets onto the sheet pan.
5. Add the udon noodles into the pot for 1–2 minutes and turn off the heat.
6. Serve with udon, spinaches, braised tofu pockets, and the soup.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.