….Fish pancake is a very common side dish for Koreans. This dish is very delicious and quick to make. Good thing about making this dish is that the smell of cooking it is so good, the smell makes my husband mouth water. I like tasting this dish the best while frying it. It doesn’t need any specific recipe, but needs some skills for frying in the pan. If you heat with high heat in the pan, the egg mixture will be golden brown. So you have to keep an eye on the pancake with medium low heat. It’s also important to buy fresh fish. I bought fresh sea bass and amber jack today. So I cut them thick to give them a rich taste. It was really soft and delicious for dinner.
Time: 30 minutes plus 30 minutes marinating fish with mixed vegetables juice
- 1.5 lb fish fillet( sea bass and amber jack), cut into thickly
- 1 Ts mixed vegetable juice
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 5 Ts avocado oil
- 3 Ts flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 Ts soy sauce
- 2 ts vinegar
- chives for garnish
- Marinate the mixed vegetable juice onto the fish pieces with a brush and sprinkle salt and black pepper onto the fish. Store them in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. After 30 minutes, coat the fish pieces with flour lightly in a tray.
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt in the bowl.
4. Heat a large nonstick pan with medium low heat and add some avocado oil. Tilt the pan to spread it around. Dip each fish in the beaten egg and place in the pan one by one.
5. Fry them until cooked(be careful not to overcook the eggs).
6. Serve it with soy sauce and vinegar. Sprinkle some chives on top of the jeon.
You can also view this recipe on instagram.